Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Everything, and more.

The France trip was a lot of fun, 33 Czech students and myself. It was an 18 hour bus ride, and it was not the most fun ever..but the students were singing songs and one brought his guitar. Over all the trip was very enjoyable, I found most French people to be rude to me, but maybe because i was a tourist and didn't speak French that was the problem.

I had two favorite spots out of all the ones i went to in France. One was the Pont Du Gard, it is part of an ancient Roman aqueduct. I studied them in Latin class and it was really interesting to be able to walk the whole thing. ...if i ever post pictures which i plan to this week you will see me on it... I also loved the city Avignon, we walked around the town and it was really cool. There is a palace there that the pope ruled from for like 150 years, we did not get to go inside it but it was really huge and interesting. We went swimming in the ocean about 3 times, most of the cities we visited were on the ocean and it was really pretty.

I went to Třebíč this last weekend to meet up with 11 other exchange students and to see another Czech town. Jeff and I left from Ostrava at 8 thirty in the morning, and we had to switch trains in Brno, we are lucky we are not still lost. Actually we didn't get lost at all, I surprised...I have mentioned on this blog before how much we get lost. haha I got to see another castle that was not in Třebíč but about 20 minute drive away into the country side. I stayed with 5 other people at one girls host family's house, 3 others stayed at another guy's house...and 2 lived in the town so they went back to there houses at night. But we still had a lot of fun, staying up late and hanging out..and really good food that the host family made us!

Anyone that reads this blog living in the US or somewhere not in the Czech, please send me your address, I want to send out postcards. I got quite a few in France and i also have quite a few in the from Czech Republic.

I am doing well, but I'm starting to miss my parents, hopefully I wont have to much homesickness. School is going well, and the language is picking up somewhat. I talk to my host mom in broken Czech and English..and a lot of times I don't know what words she say mean, but I understand. (kinda odd) anyhow I'm doing great.

I shall post soon again.
harry

No comments: