Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm finally writing once again, after many years.

I am currently uploading pictures, listening to a new band I found, and wishing I had been a genius before Jeff. Let me explain that sentence. Jeff told me to unplug the internet for my host family's computer and to put it in my laptop. (that way i could upload pictures at home..not school) As for the cd I heard half of one of the songs of it at a music store and it turned out to be a great album, bands name is Swell Season, or it might be the album name not sure.

Ok so I'm here in the Czech Republic where they don't celebrate Halloween, but don't worry I survived it. There was a Halloween party in a town in the most south east corner of the Czech..I am living in the opposite side of the country. Thomas Jeff and I left FM (frydek-mistek) at 7:00 and got to Jindrichruv Hradec at 12:30 that town is halfway to Cesky Krumlov which is where the party was at. We spent Friday night in JH, with a couple rotex and other exchange students. We ended up getting costumes for ourselves there and, that night we went to the diskoteka, which is very popular over here. Saturday we woke up early again and got to Cesky Krumlov at 2:00. If anyone has seen the movie Hostel this is where that movie is filmed. In the movie they go to Bratislava but its really CK..don't watch the movie unless you like gore/horror films...i have yet to watch it. Anyway we got to see a torture museum which actually use to be a dungeon that they tortured people in...creepy. there was also a ton of old buildings that have been there a few hundred years which is always cool. As for traveling back to FM...wow what a long day of traveling ...for 10 and a half hours, by bus and train, and to many layovers to count.

and if you were wondering I was a girl for Halloween, I borrowed a cute dress and shawl...I remained straight throughout this process on account of not wearing makeup or shaving anything. I did wear a headband..but i do that on regular days so it was not a big deal.

SCHOOL...what can I say other than I am learning very little in school, except for Czech of course. Seriously though this is an average day for me.

Wake up between 7-8 and wish I was still sleeping, eat, get ready/hygiene thing. 20-30 minute walk to school depending on how tired/lazy I'm being that day. Some days school start at 9 or even 10 on Tue. I have between 4-8 hours of school everyday..and Wed. is the best because there is 4 hours of school. Basically we have a crazy schedule. All the students are 19-23 so, and because its like a trade school jr. college everyone commutes into school. So the majority of our classmates live in villages like at least 20 km away from FM which is not very good for us, because it's harder to make friends that way.

Last week my Rotary club had a bowling competition between Ostrava which is a large city 20 km away from FM. Our Rotary club won by about 2 pins and I thought it was funny how some of the old guys bowled. It's to complicated to explain when writing it..but if you remind me whenever you see me next..(never) and I remember I will tell you. :) The funny thing about Czech bowling is that the pins are attached on the tops with cords. So they still fall over and everything but then it pulls them up and puts them back down...so I think it is easier to knock them down because they are not as heavy, also they spin around a lot and hit the pins next to each other and knock those down as well. haha I think its hilarious.

Then not even a week later one of classes I'm in at school had a competition with another class I'm in for a school party type thing..in bowling. No one really knows how to bowl so it's more fun because I'm not the best by far.

Oh and it started snowing here like crazy! wow, 3 days in a row it has snowed, and I still don't have a winter jacket. Snowing in Europe means that it is below 0 Celsius which means it's cold!!

So that is all for now, the Internet at my house is slow for uploading pictures so there is only like 10 more up so far and I've written this whole blog and done other random things..lame

love you all
Harry

No comments: