Monday, November 19, 2007

Mixture of all..

good days/bad days,food,money,language,bob evans,snow,stoun,ice skating

So today I had quite a good day, not any real reason I did not do anything special it was just a good average day. Lately I have been a little bit down, missing home a lot and wishing that they had thanksgiving over here which for whatever reason they don't! haha Yes, I understand it's an American thing but come on who doesn't like to feast?? Czechs I guess.. Anyway back to the reason I had a good day, woke up semi-late like usual, and met Jeff at the train station. There we chilled for about 25 mins and did nothing but talk. School did not start today until 8:50 because I don't have first class so it was nice. I went to computer class, played random games online checked facebook of course. Then I had English, German, and Gym class.. it was the first gym class I have been to because for whatever reason we just never went.. which we found out is quite common with many of the students. It was a lot of fun though and we will now go to all the rest of them for the year. haha.. So nothing special I was just in a good mood for the day and it was pretty outside with all the snow we have over here.

It snowed for about 3-4 days on and off, no more than 5 inches i would guess that might be pushing it, but enough to make things pretty. Also the temperature over here is kinda cold..-3 C -3 C..is what it has been the last week. brr is right! haha David told me it was around 70 F still in Oklahoma thats so crazy, im just enduring cold weather here and back in OK its just nice and not chilly at all. This winter is going to be cold over here because it started early and Tony said that they usually do not get snow this early.

Wow, Czech.. you are all lucky your not having to learn this to survive! No joke! haha I have been told by around 4-5 people that czech is one of the hardest languages in the world. Some said only Japanese is harder, some said Finnish was harder, and one said Czech was the hardest. I don't believe it is the hardest to learn but I would guess top 5. Let me give you an example.
Thursday in cz = čtvrtek and the c is a ch sound in English
or the word surprise in cz = překvapení and the r has a j/z sound added to it! so difficult!
A funny thing though about Czech is that if they are hungry they would say this.
Mam hlad = i have hunger mam = i have hlad = hunger ....but its funny because if they are frightened they would say i have fear, etc.

Tony took me to the hockey arena yesterday to go skating for a while. Yea i'm not gonna lie i'm not that good, but it was fun none the less, something different.

On a totally different note than skating, but on the same note as different. DO NOT say you like some type of food if you think it is only decent, because it will be cooked for you again! haha I learned this with sourkrout oh man! That stuff is so sour tasting its just like oh man put me out of my misery haha not that bad but close..

On the weekends I usually go to the diskotek or Stoun which is a an old bomb shelter where there is live music. Well if you can call rap/hip hop music, although they had a good ska band a couple weeks ago there. It's all in Czech of course but fun anyway. Thats usually Fridary or Saturday, and on the rest of the weekend I just relax, take naps, eat good food, read which I'm doing alot of and so on.

Also, if you know Bob Evans keep him in your good wishes for he is very ill. I'm thiking of you Bob and don't worry about me I'm not going to the dark side...ever! :)

Love
-Harry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Harry! I just read some of your blogs to David because he is busy playing Zelda. He misses you a lot. We'll just be sitting there and all of the sudden he'll go, "I miss Harry!" Anyway, I hope you get a winter jacket soon and have a good Christmas :)